Director of Project Design and Implementation
Karen Vignare is the Director of Project Design and Implementation at MSUglobal. Karen is responsible for implementing project design and new technologies for non-credit programs and research projects at MSU. She supervises and manages all aspects of customer product delivery from choice of technology, instructional design, to client services. She also consults with the management team on business development.
Karen publishes regularly on various topics in online learning.
Outside of work, Karen enjoys traveling, cooking for her family, and keeping up with her nearly adult children. She is currently working on her dissertation for her Ph.D.
- Doctoral Candidate, Nova Southeastern University
- M.B.A., Simon School, University of Rochester
- B.S., Frostburg State University
- Senior Research Analyst, RIT, 2003-2005
- Director, Elearning, RIT, 2002-2003
- Assistant Marketing Director, RIT, 1998-2002
- Adjunct Faculty, RIT, 1998 to Present
- Faculty, SUNY Alfred, 1993-1998
- Vice-President, Political Economist, Wall Street, 1988-90
- Research Analyst, Wall Street, 1983-1988
- Vignare, K. (2010). What to expect from a virtual university. In K. Meyers, New Directions in Higher Education, Volume 2. Jossey-Bass.
- Geith, C., Vignare, K. Bourquin, L. & Thiagarajan, D. (2010). Designing corporate training in developing economies using open educational resources. Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks, 14 (3), 3-12.
- Lovell, K. & Vignare, K. (2008). MSU medical colleges blended learning for first year science courses: Uniting pedagogy to maximize experience and real world limitations. Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks.
- Geith, C. & Vignare, K. (2008). Access to education with online learning and open educational resources: can they close the GAP? Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks, 12 (1).
- Long, G., Vignare, K., Rappold, R. & Mallory, J. (2007), Access to Communication for Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing and ESL Students in Blended Learning Courses, International Research and Review of Distance Learning, 8 (3).
- Vignare, K. (2007), Blended Learning Review of Literature Vignare. In Dziuban, C. & Picciano, A. Blended Learning Research Perspectives.